Patty Flowerday School of Dance & Fitness
Recital, June & Summer News
Wow it is hard to believe that recital is upon us and we are finishing up our last week of classes. I am so proud of all of our dancers and cannot wait to see them shine on the stage! Just a few more tips for a wonderful show!
If you are getting more than 1 pair of tights, you owe for them.
- Child sizes are $8.00
- Adult sizes are $10.
All balances need to be paid in full by June 8th. June tuition is due and it is for the whole month. It is a yearly fee divided by 10 monthly installments. With extra rehearsals, pictures, and rehearsals the week of the show you are getting a full month. If you have a balance you will receive a bill at rehearsal. Lynn will be available to take your payments.
Rehearsals are at Risen Christ 1000 Moseley Rd. Rehearsals are not dress rehearsals. Act I: 4:30-5:30. We will run Act I two times and run the finale twice at the end. Act II: 5:30-8:30. We will run Act II twice and the finale twice. Any dances needing extra rehearsal will practice Friday at the studio. Your teacher will advise you if you need extra practice.
Saturday, June 10th at Penfield High School
9:00-10:00 Teachers meet at studio load up and help set up
10:00-11:00 Blow up 200 balloons for our balloon drop!
11:00-12:00 Leads staging
(Teens you should be in full hair and make up by this time! Tan tights UNDER pink tights!)
12:30 doors open
4:00 doors open
The doors will open at 12:30 & 4:00 for the audience to start coming in!
- We will only be taking cash at the door!
- Tickets will be $15.00 at the door and you can still get your discount tickets online until 9:00 p.m. on Thursday the 8th.
- Dancers arrive and are assigned a dressing room. Young dancers will be in the chorus room across the hall from the stage. You can drop them off 15 minutes before the show. They will be watching the show with their class after they finish dancing.
- Please--no dads in the dressing rooms!
- Dancers will be brought back to their dressing rooms during intermission. We will have a snack there for them and they can bring a water bottle labeled with their name. All dancers are in a finale and will be brought backstage for that.
- When the curtain closes they will receive their year end gifts and be brought back to their dressing room.
- You may pick your dancer up in their dressing room. Please do not approach them on the stage as we don’t want them to fall off the stage if they are running to you.
- Please do not enter or exit the auditorium during a dance number. It distracts the dancers and the audience. The school supplies “bouncers” for this and also there is no food or drink allowed in the auditorium.
- Please don’t leave garbage around the seats or in the dressing rooms as we like to leave the facility the way we found it.
- Absolutely no videos or pictures are to be taken during the show.
- We cannot monitor every person that buys a ticket at the door and we don’t want people we don’t know taking pictures or videos of your child.
- We will stop the show if there are videos or pictures being taken. Please take this time to enjoy your child’s performance with your eyes and not through the lens of a camera or phone. It isn’t the same.
- DVDs this year will be by Movie Creations. They come highly recommended!
- You can pre order your DVD, there are forms on the desk.
- DVDs will be more expensive if you do not pre order!
- Please no screaming during the numbers, it distracts the dancers. You can cheer and politely applaud after!
The students and teachers have worked hard all year long, and deserve your attention and applause. The show is very different. We do recitals differently. We keep them under 2 1/2 hours and add a story line to make it more entertaining for you and more fun for the dancers! This year our show is about 2 hours and 30 minutes not including entrance and exit time and a 20 minute intermission. All you have to do at this point is sit back, relax & enjoy the show!
Parent Volunteers Needed
If your dancer is in both shows please consider helping at one of the shows. We need concession people, adults to supervise dressing rooms for our older dancers who may need help with costume accessories.
Our show is this Saturday at 2:30. We will meet at 2:00 by the bumper cars. Please wear your recital tee and a pair of black shorts. We don’t want to get our costumes dirty before the show! Discount tickets for family and friends may be purchased ahead of time online. Go to the Seabreeze web site, click on group sales, click on Dancing in the Park, our promo code is 2024.
We will be having a picture make up day for those of you who missed our first picture day! Monday, June 12th at 7:00-9:00 at the studio!
- 7:00 Monday Teen Jazz Indians & Tuesday Jazz Confident
- 7:15 Tuesday Tap Star Baby
- 7:30 Tuesday Ballet Young & Beautiful
- 7:45 Tuesday Lyrical Neverland & Friday Lyrical Fly to Your Heart
- 8:00 Thursday Black Magic
- 8:15 Friday Ballet Feather Dance
- 8:30 Friday Hip Hop Kill Em With Kindness
- 8:45 Solos & Adult Tap Ghost
We still have some room in our Camps!
- Princess: June 19-23
- Frozen: June 26-30
- Neverland: July 10-14
- Ballet & Jazz Boot Camp: July 24-28
- We also offer 4 weeks of summer classes: 7/17-8/10
- Moana 1-Day Camp: August 16th
The fall schedule is coming soon! It should be online this week!
- You may register for fall classes the last week of classes, before we open registration up to new students.
- If your dancer is moving up to the next age level the four week summer class is a perfect intro to that!
- If you are a current student, you will be grandfathered in and you will not have to pay a registration fee.
- If your dancer is interested in dancing with us next year, please register this month.
Next year, we will be doing “Beauty and the Beast” for our June performance and a special original ballet “A Dog for Emily.” in January. We will have auditions for leads in August for Beauty & A Dog for Emily. Watch the website for updates!
It has been a pleasure working with your children!
Thanks you for allowing us to share our passion for the art of dance!
Miss Patty, Miss Monica, Miss Michelle, Miss Marcia,
Miss Stephanie, Miss Jonelle, Miss Tanessa, Mr. Kenney